I must confess, I never even knew that there were black folks in North Dakota. Now I found out that some sister just won the Miss North Dakota beauty pageant. If you are an attractive 24 year old sister living in North Dakota, I am guessing that the dating pool is pretty small for you.
But this is a good thing. It shows that we are making racial progress here in A-merry-ca. And it's not just beauty Queens. There is a republican sister in Utah who just won the republican primary and will face the democratic incumbent for a congressional seat in November. With a name like Mia Love, she better be good. Girlfriend is smart because she is also a Mormon. If you want to run for elected office in Utah it probably helps to be a Mormon.
But I am not mad at her, go on and get your hustle on boboo.
I wonder if both of these sisters had one of those real black sounding names they could have accomplished what they did in their respective states?
"Those with the white-sounding names were actually downloaded 17 percent more often by job recruiters than the résumés with black-sounding names, according to ABC News. Sad (and probably dumb on the part of those doing the hiring, considering that they're passing over people with qualifications that meet their needs), but not really surprising.
Some examples from the lists of "black" names:
Imani
Ebony
Shanice
Aaliyah
Precious
Nia
Deja
Diamond
Asia
Dominique
DeShawn
DeAndre
Marquis
Darnell
Terrell
Malik
Trevon
Tyrone
Willie
Demetrius"
I don't want to tell you Negroes what to name your children, but please, for the kids sake, just remember where you live.
Finally, I see that the wife of a certain person down in Central Florida was arrested for perjury today. Shellie, you just can't lie to the court. I know that your husband is a hero to certain people here in A-merry-ca, but that courtroom is not an Internet chat room, it's the real world and there is going to be real consequences for your actions.
*Pic from thegrio.com

No comments:
Post a Comment