Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dating an older person

Throughout my whole dating life, I've never dated someone younger than me. All my best friends are girls and their partners are generally more older than they are. My partners are also generally older than I am.

But the difference between me and my best friends is that they are girls and I am a guy. Don't get me wrong, cougars are the in thing now. But still, women seem to date men who are older than they are. And men tend to date women who are younger than them. So why am I dating someone older?

I'm a 21 year old being. I'm not a boy, but I can hardly consider myself to be a man.I don't think that I'm mature, but at the same time, I don't think that I'm immature as well. Sure, I would wanna date someone younger than I am, but I generally won't mind dating someone older (not more than 10 year older or younger).

The funny thing about dating someone older is that these 'older' people have mostly figured out what they're gonna do with their lives. People like me of course, students, are generally swaying left and right, wondering which road to take. This guy I'm dating, well, he knows what he wants, I sort of know what I want.

The word sort of, it worries me. However, it's normal. I'm still finding myself. Apart from knowing my future is comfortable, I don't know where I'm gonna be after I graduate, or what I'm gonna be like after I graduate. It scares me sometimes, because I want to be with this guy, I want to be able to be with him for a very long time.

But it's too hard to tell when it comes to these things. I can say that I'm in love, boy am I in love. But what if the love doesn't last? What then? I will still be young, but would he?

These questions, I used to ask myself before. Would it be fair to him? And no answer came out. But I got a very important advice, to take it one step at a time. So right now, I don't think about these things. I just think about the man that I'm gonna be, and the man that I am gonna be with. Who knows what the future holds?

I love you j. And I want us to work, you as an individual, me as an individual and us as a couple.

Sarangheo

With love

Jeffrey james

No comments:

Post a Comment