Monday, November 14, 2011

Memorable Meals : The Swiss Fondue

Here is the first installment of my new column, documenting some of my favorite food-related memories...

Back in 2007, I spent a weekend in Switzerland with a very good friend. We were intrigued by what the country had to offer and took a low-cost flight to Geneva. The next day, we took the train to Lausanne, city of Olympic Games head offices and prestigious hotel management schools. For lunch, we had only one thing in mind: Swiss fondue. (Well actually, I always have cheese on my mind.) So we walked into one of the little restaurants on our way, and sat down. When the fondue arrived with the bowl of diced bread, I was ecstatic!

Let me tell you that it was everything I wanted it to be... and more. It was rich and delicious, it was heavy, it was well... cheesy. We paid the bill, and literally rolled out of the restaurant, smiling. Hehe.

Photo cred: justhungry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment