Saturday, December 3, 2011

The evolution of my Macaroons :)

So i came back to Borneo with a goal, which is to learn how to make Macaroons:) I remember my first attempt. When I screwed up the whole batch (pictured above). I remember looking at it and thought that it was so ugly. All this while I thought that making Macaroons was easy. But damn it was quite hard.
The second batch got mixed up so in ended up looking like some form of cookies instead of macaroons. It still tasted like macaroons, but in terms of looks. It was quite off.
I made these third batch of pink macaroons with Ness and they turned out pretty good. We flavoured it with red bean filling and honestly, they looked suuper cute!
I made this light blue macaroons on my own, and they're quite nice, i didn't have time to make the filling so I filled them up with Peanut butter!
These are my recent ones. I tried the whole Christmas theme by adding green and red. The softness of the macaroon cookie was perfect as it just melts in your mouth but I screwed up the strawberry filling. Oh well, better luck next time :)

xoxo

Jeffrey James

No comments:

Post a Comment