Saturday, December 25, 2010

silent night

Christmas or in other words, the year end holidays are the time when my friends, family and I would all gather back home in k.k to celebrate together. We would normally come back around the same time and would just spend the holidays together. Usually it's the end of the year. However, this year is my first year skipping my year end holidays back home. It's a sad story. My best friend ness also has the same fate as me. I'm working during christmas, and so is she.

I was talking to her about it earlier and she was telling me that as we get older, we will have to get used to the amount of holidays we're going to miss out on. About the time we spend with our loved ones at home getting lesser and lesser. It's true because this year I haven't gone back as often as I did before.

So as I was working today, during christmas, and when I was chilling at my friend's place during christmas eve. I thought about my loved ones back home. I think about the christmas eve dinner they're having which I'm not attending, the after party afterwards with my friends, and the presents opening later on christmas morning. I thought about all of it. And I can say that everytime I do, I feel like crying. I feel like breaking down.

Even though tonight I had a christmas dinner with some good friends, it's just not the same as the ones I have back in k.k. I have one or two loved ones here. But I can't spend enough time with them too.

This is a part of growing up. I'm sad but I have no other choice. We all would have to face it someday.

Xoxo

Jeffrey james

No comments:

Post a Comment