Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy belated daddy's day!!

I forgot to call my dad and wish him happy father's day...

Just finished editing all the photos, including the NYC ones, but I'm gonna have to post them up tomorrow, because Mike is sleeping right behind me and he will complain and complain that the monitor light affects his sleep lor...

Kuakua...

That, and I wanna continue playing Phoenix Wright!!! Hehehe...

Anyway, I was just reading PostSecret and I saw that these are the things people sent in regarding what their fathers told them when they were kids...


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 5:12 AM

My dad used to say that inside of the car's air-bags was uncooked popcorn. When you wrecked the popcorn would pop and you would have a snack until help came.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:13 AM

When I was little, my dad told me ATMs worked by having little monkeys inside them. I believed that for years. Now I work in a bank, and wish it were true!


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:55 AM

My dad told me the worst swear word you could possibly say was "Bostonian". It meant "someone who has no private parts." My brother and I used the word until we were teenagers and my father giggled every time we said it, right before he sent us to our rooms.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:29 PM

when i was little my dad told me that polyester was a small animal in australia and they would kill it to make clothes. that night i sat in my room reading the labels on my clothes for hours & threw all of the polyester ones away.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:06 PM

When I was little my Dad told me that the tune played by the ice-cream van was the ice-cream man letting everyone know that he'd run out of ice-cream.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:56 AM

When we'd approach exits or toll booths, my father told me the sound the car made when it went over the rumble strips was the car getting angry because I had been bad. I still sit up a little straighter when I hit a rumble strip.


Aren't these so heartwarming and funny?? I like the popcorn and Bostonian ones best!

Thinking back, my daddy never told me nonsense like these before, but my momo did!!


She told me not to eat the papaya seeds when eating papaya, and when I asked her why, she said that the seeds were worms!!!!!


Oh horror of horrors! I still liked the papaya enough to eat it though, but I made sure I got rid of all the seeds before I ate it.

When things are really worms, she said it is not worms lor...

She forced me to drink cordyceps soup and when I saw the corpses of the worms splattered all over the kitchen sink afterwards she still denied that she could cook me worms. -_-

No wonder I grew up to be so warped.

Mike said when he was a kid he was on a road trip with his dad, mom and his brothers, and there was a bird flying really close to the side of the car.

So his dad said something like, "I bet I could hit it," and he really swerved to hit the bird!!!

The bird's parts splattered all over the side of the car with all the intestines and blood and all, and Mike's mom got really pissed at the dad but the boys were all like, "THAT'S AWESOME!!!"

LOL...

(Eh... Animal cruelty aside. Cmon! We kill and eat chickens everyday, intentionally!)

My dad's not funny like that, but it's really easy to make him laugh!

I think that's why I still try to make people laugh up till now, coz I was so used to doing it to my daddy when I was a kid. =)

*randomly juggles colourful balls in attempt to make blog audience laugh*

Tomorrow!


Update:
You fucking retards. Did you all also believe what your mom told you? Really? Till today? CORDYCEPS = WORMS. Don't believe me? Here's the extract from Wikipedia:

Cordyceps sinensis is a species of southeast, mountainous China that attacks caterpillars, specifically the larvae of hepialid moths (identified as species of Hepialus or Thitarodes).

The caterpillars feed on the roots of trees and shrubs on the slopes of the Himalayas. When infected by C. sinensis, the fungus mycelium fills the entire body cavity, killing the host, and the caterpillars die near the tops of their burrows. A dark brown, finger-like stroma sprouts near their heads. The entire fungus-caterpillar combination is hand-collected for medicinal use.


Just so we are clear, we are actually eating the CORPSE of a caterpillar that was infected by fungi.

How disgusting is that, exactly?

Just about as disgusting as when "cordyceps" here was alive:


He is so ugly I almost don't pity him for being attacked by fungi

No comments:

Post a Comment