Sunday, July 24, 2011

SIMILAR

Thai films seen on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

1.SIMILAR (Tulapop Saenjaroen, 23, A+++++)
คล้าย (ตุลพบ แสนเจริญ, 23)

2.UNTIE THE KNOT (Wachara Kanha, 33, A++++++++++/F)
คลายปม (วชร กัณหา, 33)

I give F to the real filmmakers of UNTIE THE KNOT, but I give A++++++++++ to "the act of sending this TV program to the festival by the person who doesn't make it". I think it is a very interesting conceptual art. I means I give F to this blatantly propagandistic film, but I give A++++++++++ to this conceptual art.

Talking with Chulayarnnon Siriphol, Ratchapoom Boonbunchachoke, and Wiwat Lertwiwatwongsa makes me like this conceptual art much more. Wiwat told me that Chulayarnnon had done this kind of thing before in a film event: showing a found footage in his own name. Ratchapoom made me realize that this kind of thing is extremely interesting; for example, if Prince Chatrichalerm sends NARESUAN to the Marathon Film Festival, I might give the film B+, because I think the person responsible for the sending of the film wants us to "believe" the film, but if Prap Boonpan sends NARESUAN, directed by Prince Chatrichalerm, to the Marathon Film Festival, that would make all the difference.

There are many things my friends discuss about this topic. I hope they will write about it in details in the future.

3.THE THOUGHTS OF THE THREE GENERATIONS (Panu Saeng-xuto, Kwangaew Ketphol, 20, documentary, A+)
คนสามรุ่น ครุ่นคิด อะไรฤา (ภาณุ แสง-ชูโต, ขวัญแก้ว เกตุผล, 20)

4.ONCE WHEN WE WERE IN LOVE (Suppasit Setprasert, 23.39, A+)
ครั้งหนึ่ง...เราเคยรักกัน (ศุภสิทธิ์ เสร็จประเสริฐ, 23.39)

5.ONCE IN LOVE (Chanon Kamnaewnark, 9, A+)
ครั้งหนึ่งเคยรักกัน (ชานน ขำแนวนาค, 9)

6.KOMTUAN (Pura Nimmol, 26, A)
คมทวน (ภูร นิมมล, 26)

7.THE PUPPETMAKERS (Nithi Watiwuthipong, 22, documentary, B)
คนสร้างหุ่น (นิธิ วติวุฒิพงศ์, 22)




No comments:

Post a Comment