Monday, October 26, 2009

The History of my phones

Well, I am kind of a phone person, i've been crazy with phones since I was a little boy. I don't know. Before I got into the whole clothes thing I was pretty much a big fan of Music (Kylie) Cds and getting the latest technological gadgets, oh, there were also Pokemon and Wrestling Trading Cards. If I cut out Pokemon, Wrestling and Cds... I would be able to buy such so many things, like maybe that Gucci bag that I want right now :) I got my very first phone when I was 10 years old (year 2000), well, primary five la. My mom got this Nokia 8250 Butterfly phone two weeks before my birthday. So anyway, during my birthday I was showing off this phone (being 11 years old and having a phone), so to my surprise, during my party my phone got stolen. And after that I had to wait a couple of months for my mom to trust me with a phone again.

Which in turn made me buy this phone 6 months later (2001). It sucked though big time for only being able to get the older version of my phone. First it was the 8250, then I had to downgrade to the Nokia 8210. However, I appreciated and took more care with this phone la compared to the last one which I lost only two weeks after getting it.

In the same year (2001), I re-changed my Nokia 8210 to the same phone as my first one (Nokia 8250). I kept this phone for a couple of months before breaking it. I didn't really give good care to any of my phones. But honestly, this particular phone is one that I really like. I love the size and the style.

Now this is my favorite phone of all time, one of the nicest phone in my personal point of view that has ever been made, I love the quality of the phone. My mom came back from Singapore at the end of 2001 and got me this Nokia 8850. Sadly, I dropped this phone thousands of times and when I tried to change the cover manually, the phone screwed up on me just after a few months of using it.

This phone is a classic, everyone had to have one of this. It's the nokia 3315 (2002). My sister bought it for me after I told her that I wanted a phone. i think she bought it for about 400 bucks. it was nice though, and it satisfied me enough, at least I had a phone that I could use to Sms people. However, after only having this phone for about two months, I left it on the plane.

The moment I saw this phone in an advertisement on television, I knew i had to have it. Color phones just began to make an impact in the mobile phone industry and I thought that this was cool, the whole polyphonic ringtone and colour screen was so cool at that time. I remember saying that the polyphonic tones sounds so real, like a karaoke. The nokia 7210 (2003) was quite satisfying at that time. Too bad it got stolen when i left it in class :(
This Nokia 3100 (2004), was a reasonably good phone. It glowed in the dark and it was quite trendy. i remember when It first came out, everyone was like "wow, thats the glow in the dark phone." Then i got it, used it for quite sometime, and then wrecked it, I fell in the water three times with this phone in my pocket, I'm so surprised that it lasted that long.

Now this is the phone that I bought with my hard earn cash, I bought this Motorola E398 at the end of 2003 and used it for more than a year. I could honestly say that this phone was ahead of it's time. It was far more better than it's competitors cause there were music functions, memory card, flash light, video recording, and of course the 3D speakers. I honestly love this phone and this particular phone gave me a new relationship with Motorola.
When i saw the commercial for the Motorola Razr V3 Pink on an advertisement in Singaporean television back in 2005, I told myself that I had to have it. I immeadiately walked into some random handphone shop in Singapore and got myself the V3i. The colour is just so striking! However, after only using this phone for 2 weeks, I realised that the phone had no functions. It practically was a very functionless phone, it only is nice to look at, I decided to give that phone to my younger sister and buy a new one.
Which in turn made me get the Motorola Rokr E1 (2005). It looks a lot like the Motorola E398 and it is similar to it in many ways. But the Motorola Rokr is the first phone with the Itunes Function in it. So the sound quality is much better compared to the Motorola E398. i had a blast with this phone cause the base from the 3D speakers were like Woahhh!
After using the Motorola Rokr for a few months, I decided to get myself the Motorola Slvr L7 (2005). I love this particular mobile phone because It was so slim at that time and the functions were practically very good. The camera was fine and the music player was also efficient. It had the whole Razr feel but it wasn't a flip phone. i loved how it could fit into my pocket at that time.

My sister gave me thie phone, her boyfriend used it and then she gave it to me. The camera for the Sony Ericsson S700i (2006) was not bad at all. It was 1.3megapixels and it looks practically like a digital camera. I had a good time with this phone. It was kinda big though. I did enjoy the tennis game. I loved playing it.
Now this Motorola V3i was very very good! It was a Razr with all the functions that you need. It was a nice phone and I really wanted it, it was too expensive in 2005 so I only got this phone in 2006. It was a fairly usable phone. Camera was off but apart from that, at least I looked good answering it ;)
The good thing about the Motorola Razr V3x (2006) was that it had two cameras. I bought it when I already have the V3i. It was my second phone la. So anyway, I used this phone to take secondary pictures and it was a good phone. Sadly I didn't really appreciate it because it was only my second phone.
Now the overpriced Nokia 8800 (2006)is a phone that sucks. It wasn't only expensive, but there were practically no functions on it. No memory card, bad camera. It was exactly like the Razr. Useless but really nice to look at. However, this phone is still the in thing now. It lasts so damn long man. I still really like how it looks.
The Motorola Krzr K1 (2006) is a very pretty phone. Now this is the one I got immeadiately after it came out. I was the first guy in K.K to have that phone and I absolutely love it. The screen can't be scratch and well, it was just a really really pretty phone to have. I love using it.
After selling of my Krzr K1, I used the Motorola V3x for sometime. Then after that I went into National Service, when I got out of NS i got myself the Motorola Krzr K2 (2007). It was similar to the K1 but it had some touch buttons at the front for music. I liked it because the colour was very neutral, it was as if i have a mirror i could look at everyday:)
I got this phone when I was in Curtin. The Samsung U700 (2008) was a fairly good phone. It was new and people thought that It was nice. So instead of getting the Motorola Razr2 v8, I decided to get this one. I still kind of regret getting this though because the Motorola was so much more nicer, however, the camera for this phone was really good la, considering the fact that this phone is thin.
This Lg Shine (2008) was a good phone. i prefer it over the Samsung U700. Unlike the Samsung, The LG Shine was made with stainless steel, the Samsung was made using cheap plastics. Apparently Samsung Claimed that they can do what Lg can do but better, but to me, quality wise, the Lg is so much more better than Samsung.
I won this phone during my Eligible Bachelors Competition in 2009, the Lg Flip phone. I used it for two days. Apparently it has a wine menu and shit. It is quite Razr-esque looking and i gave it to the maid. It is a fairly good phone but I decided to get something else.
Which brings me to my current phone, the nokia E63. I really like it. It has all the functions bundled up into it. Wifi, bla bla bla. I can't wait to switch though. My next choice would either be a Blackberry or the New Motorola or the new Nokia E72. So well, I hope that this phone can last long enough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment