Wednesday, January 12, 2011

sharing

So I was sitting with three of my good friends over drinks just now and one of them, I shall call this person charlotte, was talking about a 'fling' that she had over the weekend. Charlotte was saying that she feels sad because she really likes this guy but he's living in another country. The fact that the guy turns her down due to some personal issues is hurting her. She felt that she can't do much about the issue because of the distance, but she still felt some emotional stress from the matter.

So my other friend, I'll call this one Miranda, advised Charlotte to think about herself more often rather than making excuses for the guy who is in another country. Instead of thinking about him, its better to think about herself and be a bitch about the matter to avoid some emotional stress, and Miranda came clean about a similar problem that she was having with another guy.

Which made me think about my own personal problems. We were all being honest about the problems that we were having. Sure, Miranda has been moody throughout the day but then suddenly started telling us how she felt when Charlotte was pouring out her feelings. Its funny because we all have our own secrets hidden behind our smile. Even though I say something is okay, doesn't mean it is, however, when I finally feel like sharing it I will.

Friends are there for a reason, but at times when we are having personal problems it's hard for us to share it with them immediately because the thought of being honest about it just further confirms the fact that the problem is real. If we don't share the problem then there is still the glimpse of hope that it isn't real. An example would be the ending of a relationship, I don't really share that particular information about the breakup right after it happens, I wait for awhile before announcing it followed by how I feel when its confirmed.

I guess it's the ego that we all have. I do have some personal problems as well but I don't want to talk about it yet because I am in denial. However, hopefully I will be able to soon:)

Xoxo

Jeffrey james

No comments:

Post a Comment