Friday, April 20, 2012

Another killing.

Before I start this post I want to give a big shout out to some amazing people/ bloggers who I was fortunate enough to hang out with up in New York, today. We were all there as a part of the Black Enterprise black blogger month photo shoot. (Yes Jigga, your new look 40/40 Club is all that) Slim, Anslem, Patrice, Yolis, Abiola,and Christen, you all is some good folk and I love your blogs. I hope you all can come down to Philly and hang out at BWB. (You Negroes are doing this blogging thing, big.)

Now for some more serious business: I see that you know who had his bond hearing today, but I promised myself that I would leave this case alone until after the trial, so I will bite my tongue.

But while I won't talk about you know who, I will talk about Stephon Watts. If you haven't heard of Stephon Watts, it's probably because what happened to him has become so common in A-merry-ca that sadly, it's not even news anymore.

"The mother of a 15-year-old boy with autism who was fatally shot by police in his home Wednesday is facing off with suburban Chicago police officers who say the officer acted appropriately.

Stephon Watts, 15, who was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome when he was 9, had had 10 previous interactions with Calumet City, Ill. police in the last two years, including at least one where police discharged Tasers to subdue him, the Chicago Tribune reports. Watts' father called the police Wednesday after arguing with his son, who didn't want to go to school, having been instructed by social workers that Watts should be handled by authorities when agitated.

Asperger's syndrome interferes with social skills, but sufferers often have normal to high intelligence. Police say they found Watts armed with a knife in the basement of his parents' home, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. When one officer sustained a defensive wound to his left forearm, two other officers on the scene fired their weapons. Steven Watts, Stephon's father, says his son was shot once in the leg, and then again in the head.

Stephon's mother, Danelene Powell-Watts, told Fox Chicago her son shouldn't have died that day, and said she might pursue a lawsuit against the police force. "They murdered my son...decided to kill him," Powell-Watts told Fox . "They didn't have to shoot him in the head, they could have [T]ased him. They could have hit him in his arm or his leg. They didn't have to kill a 15-year-old with autism." [Source] (h/t to sandee, my twitter fam, for turning me on to this story.)  

Now now Ms. Watts, little Negro boys do not get to say that they suffer from some kind of disability. That excuse is reserved for other children. Little Negro boys are violent and should be shot in the head.










No comments:

Post a Comment