Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Getting Lost in Secondhand Books


Making the time to stop by a used-books store and browsing the titles allow you to make great discoveries! I don't know about you, but I really enjoy putting the discount bin upside down to see what quirky, unique books I can find in there. 


For the Bangkok peeps, you must check this place out. I had been meaning to stop by Dasa Books and finally got around to it yesterday. They also serve coffee, and their space is so cozy to inspire you on future readings! You completely forget you're on busy Sukhumvit Road. 

And so, here are my finds: 


Las Hijas de Juarez, by Teresa Rodriguez

In the mid-1990s, a Cuban-American journalist goes to the Mexican border town to investigate on the numerous murders of young girls in the area. Poignant read, so far.

La Profezia di Celestino, by James Redfield

Originally published in English, I saw online that this book had a great success, even if the author simply published it on his own account. I found the Italian version at the bookshop, which intrigued me. The cover describes it as the tale of a journey, which helps us make sense out of life. By perusing the pages, it doesn't seem as "heavy" as I originally thought. Reminds me of Paolo Coelho. 


What are you currently reading?


Images via ONE / TWO. Edited by Dee & Duke.  

No comments:

Post a Comment