Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Mole.

I am so sorry to see that they found the mole over at the news network for dummies. (No, not the mole looking guy in the pic. That's actually their leader.) We could have learned a lot from that guy.

Now FOX is threatening legal action. God forbid someone tells us what we have known all along: that their news is manufactured by republican political operatives who feed them talking points for their on air staff. 

"I think their legal accusations are completely baseless," Muto said on CNN. "They're trying to intimidate me into silence because I'm revealing unflattering information about the inner workings of the company.
He added:
"I'm not a sociopath, Howard. I don't want to make it sound like I worked there for eight years with a chip on my shoulder, and I hated everyone. There's a lot of, you know, really nice, you know, people who I really like and respect. So, those people, if I hurt any of them, I apologize to them. But I felt the need to speak out because my story--my story had to be told. I couldn't--I couldn't be in that building one day longer without, you know, exploding."
 I have to give Gawker credit for at least giving it the old college try.  It would have been nice to know what goes on behind closed doors. The FOX crew must have been working overtime to catch this guy. And, catch him they did.

Mr. Muto should be counting his blessings. Maybe mow he can go on to be a real journalist.

Finally, I have to have a last word about Flipper and this mommygate controversy.

“I wanted to increase the work requirement,” Romney said. “I said, for instance, that even if you have a child two years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, ‘Well that's heartless,' and I said ‘No, no, I'm willing to spend more giving daycare to allow those parents to go back to work. It'll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.’” [Source]

So, in essence, what he is saying is that there is no "dignity" in being a stay at home mother.

But republicans pounced on this non-issue when a democratic operative basically said that Ann Romney can't relate to working mothers out there because she had never worked a day in her life.

I know that Flipper and his wife would like to, but they just can't have it both ways.

The truth of the matter is that Ann Romney cannot relate to poor and middle class women who have to raise their children and work for a living. So she shouldn't even pretend that she knows how to do it for the sake of her husband's endless quest to occupy the White House. It's just flat out wrong.
Yes Ann, raising kids is hard work, but I am sure it helps when you have a bunch of maids around the house and a few million large ones sitting in a bank account. 

That's what Hilary Rosen was trying to say, and if folks had taken the time to listen and process what she said instead of jumping into partisan mode, they would have heard her loud and clear.

As others have said, Hilary Rosen committed a "mortal sin of American politics: "She spoke the truth with a microphone on."







 

No comments:

Post a Comment