Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reader Says I Shouldn't Interview Doheny

     One frequent participant in this blog says I should not be allowed to interview Matt Doheny on the HOTLINE on June 20.
  Graham should not conduct the interview - he is in the tank for Doheny and cannot be expected to "fair or balanced."
A neutral third party should conduct the interview, if it is to have any credibility.
   That's what Dan Francis says.
    I am a supporter of Mr. Doheny and have contributed to his campaign, but my job on the HOTLINE is not to be "fair and balanced".   The HOTLINE is an opinion show and if someone else is brought in to do interviews, then it's just an interview done by someone else in our studio. It is not the HOTLINE.
     Frankly, I am surprised a candidate would risk the unscripted format and unanticipated questions. My history is one of always being courteous and trying to bring out the guests beliefs. However, I do have to ask certain questions as there is an obligation to the listeners.
      Anyone who comes on the show realizes this and that's why some don't come on.
       There's nothing I could ask that would be a shocker and any decent candidate will have rehearsed possible zingers.
       Besides Dan, who would you have interview the candidate ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment