Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The sanest thing anyone has said during the past four years



I don't have much time to write at the moment, but I'd like to get this video in front of those few who haven't yet seen this. Maher summarizes an argument which has become the main point and purpose of this blog. These are the sanest words on Obama ever uttered.

It's clear that Maher doesn't really like Obama. At all. And he doesn't seem very happy with the Dems in general. Yet everyone knows that Maher gave a million bucks to the Democrats this year. This indicates not that the Dems are doing much good, but that the Republicans have become just that scary.

I would love to sit out this election. I would love to tell readers that Obama's failure has been so miserable that we should cede full control of all three branches of government to the GOP. Let them screw it all up again, and when they do, maybe we can find a real Democrat who will return this country to what I call the "New Deal normal" -- to the polices that made this country prosperous between 1940 and 1980.

I would like to espouse that plan -- but I can't. The Republicans really are just that scary. It is clear to me that these sub-Birchian zealots consider democracy an impediment to the implementation of their proposed Libertarian paradise. If those maniacs take over, the American experiment may not last.

No comments:

Post a Comment