Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sowetan Freedom advert

The advert is based on the Martin Luther King speech: An interesting campaign, which was banned from being aired by the SABC, although there are radio stations that will allow it to be aired.


I still have a dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up against each other and erupt into an oasis of crime, grime and home to racial attacks and injustice.
"I have a dream that my children will be repeatedly raped, sodomised and left to fend for themselves long after HIV and Aids have taken me away.
"I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day farmers shall be brutally murdered and workers thrown into a lions' den.
"Let chaos ring from the streets of South Africa - and when this happens we will all join hands and sing: 'Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!'
"What have you done with your freedom South Africa?
"Don't let it go to waste, cherish it.
"This Freedom Day message sadly brought to you by Sowetan - the soul truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment