Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Day 2

Jam: So whilst sitting on my butt waiting for my visa application to be processed, I have managed to pick up a cold! This is not quite what I had planned for this time – sitting around in my pj’s, watching Bridget Jones for the umpteenth time, and, all in all, feeling incredibly sorry for myself! All this whilst Jar is out and about searching for that new job and accommodation.
Jam: you see, Jar had accommodation sorted til roughly two days before he flew. Then Murphy’s Law kicked in, and the house he was supposed to be staying in, was sold. The funny thing is the house was not even on the market – but apparently the owner received an offer which he simply couldn’t refuse. Not that I blame the owner, if I was in his position, I would have done the same thing. So Jar now needs to sort out accommodation and a job, before the cash completely evaporates!
Jam: maybe it isn’t an entirely bad thing that I’m still here in SA – all be it sick and battling to breath. At least this way by the time I get over there, Jar would have had enough time to sort things out…

Jar: London isnt easy when you arrive but i hear it gets better, contacted 5 agencies yesterday and no replies from any of them yet.... good times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment