Tuesday, May 8, 2007

London calling

And so our paths part…. Temporarily… 

Jam: Last night saw Jar and I head to O.R Tambo (more commonly referred to as Joburg International), where I dropped him off. He climbed on a plane bound for London. It felt very strange for me – I knew this had been coming for a month or so, and whilst I plan on joining him in a couple of weeks, this did not prevent me from shedding a tear or two.  I guess one anticipates moments like these, but when they come they always seem to get the better of one.  On the up side, I did manage to drive myself home without crying like a baby. I figured that bawling whilst driving at night would not be the best move!   

Jar: Its wierd that you can go to sleep and wake up a new part of the world, and although the weather is shit here i cna wait to explore london

Jam: so I got home, got straight into my pj's and ate a big bowl of ice-cream, whilst the Jar spread his wings…. Needless to say this morning saw me spend most of it in my pj's and had to not been for minor issues like sorting out paper work for my visa application, I had fully intended to stay that way!  

Jam: now I get to wait. Hopefully (holding thumbs, crossing fingers and all the rest!), my visa should be processed in the next couple of weeks. Until then, I foresee lots of movies, coffees with friends and lots of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment