Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hello, blogging world!

I finally have a day off work for the first time in almost two weeks. Phew! And also, my computer is back from the fix-it man after it so rudely gave the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (to Dad, wasn't even polite enough to do it to my face. Horrid machine). So yes! Its all rather sunshiney over this way.

Even the weather is looking up, which is quite nice as its Spring (or so I am led to believe). I spent four hours yesterday face painting at a corporate Christmas function (for families, though I'm sure it would have been a lot more entertaining were there forty year olds in suits asking to be painted as a fairy WITH SPARKLES!). Normally I go quite well with what all the hip kids are about these days - I can paint a Spiderman face in my sleep, and I only do this once or twice a year! - but I was particularly pleased when a plucky little five year old asked to be Optimus Prime and I knew what colours to use. For the record, this is what I had to try to paint him as:



That being said, I also got asked to paint a kid as Four Arms ("Just regular Four Arms, not the other one"), and I had absolutely no idea what he meant. He had a shirt showing the body up to the neck of a red monster with four arms and the Ben 10 logo, so I'm guessing he wanted the right head on his shirt. The power of deduction! I painted his face red and did two more yellow eyes like he asked, then showed him in the mirror and he said "Its not right, but it'll have to do.".
I just googled Four Arms then, and I really only forgot the black stripe, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

And I've been Christmas shopping too, its almost out of the way because I'm super-organised like that :D

No comments:

Post a Comment