Friday, August 15, 2008

Closeted.

As you all may know, or some of you may know that I was in Singapore recently. And the thing is about Singapore, well, my family from that part of the world doesn't really know anything about my life. Until now.

The world is getting smaller and smaller. And all of us are connected one way or another, from these friendship sites like Facebook and Friendster, it's already possible to stay in touch with anybody from any part of the world. So it's not new or weird is someone knows about the lifestyle that you go by, or in other words, the lifestyle that I go by.

My cousins there, or in other words, my uncles and aunties (who are just a few years older than I am), seemed curious about me. While I was there last April, I brought a friend of mine Cass to visit my grandparents, and immediately they assume that she is my girlfriend, though I introduced her as a "friend" they all jumped to conclusions, so Cass was so uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Ever since then they keep asking me about where she was. I just say that she's busy and stuff. My Uncles and Aunties who are in their early twenties however start to suspect. It's the fact that they added me on friendster before and in my previous account I was gay-er than ever. So once when I was walking to seven eleven with my aunt, she went,

"If you have a girlfriend, why does your friendster account states that you're gay?"

Damn! I paused for a moment. What should I say?! I thought to myself. I can't believe this was happening.

"Oh, someone hacked into my account, that is why I'm not using it anymore." I replied. A good answer I thought to myself.

"Then why didn't you report it?" She asked.

"Well I did, thats why it's being shut down, I'm into facebook now!" I replied again. My aunt just kept quiet though I know she wasn't satisfied with my answer.

I should have just told her. But I decided to stay closeted for my dad, I've been so used to being out and proud to the fact that I don't know how to be closeted anymore. Who knows right? My relatives could even be reading my blog right now. So If you are, well, here is my confession i guess? Just don't let the other relatives know. For respect:P

-With Love-

-Jeffrey James-

No comments:

Post a Comment