Sunday, September 25, 2011

A win for Herman, but not for Mike.

Congratulations to Herman Cain. I see that my man won the Florida straw poll for the republicans. Poor Governor Big Hair. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that folks were saying that he is all but unbeatable?

My my, what a difference a few weeks on the campaign trail makes. But doing and saying one dumb thing after another will do that to you.

Rick, if you can't beat Herman Cain in a Florida straw poll, I am guessing that your future isn't looking too bright in these national elections. You just might want to hold off on ordering those boots with the presidential logo on them.

"The Perry camp shrugged off the results.

'Cain won, we still have work to do,' said Perry spokesman Mark Miner. 'It's his day. The conservative message won today. We've been in this race for five weeks. We're going to continue campaigning hard.'

Miner put the focus on Romney's third-place finish, saying Perry's chief rival has been running for president for years and is still not breaking through.
'It's more of what happened to Mitt Romney. He's not going to be crowned president of the United States. He's going to have to work for it. And after five and a half years he once again got rejected in a key state in the Republican primary process,' Miner said."

Nice try. But this is more about what happened to Rick Perry. Romney skipped the Florida straw poll, and expectations were low for him. For Governor Big Hair, on the other hand, this was supposed to be an easy winner. He stayed and campaigned in Florida, and his organization wanted to deliver after a bad debate performance.

"Cain, an African-American who promotes himself as a pragmatic problem-solver with a clear tax reform plan, eagerly welcomed the victory.
'This is a sign of our growing momentum and my candidacy that cannot be ignored,' Cain said after his win."

Calm down Herman, let's not lose perspective here. It was a nice win, but you and I have about the same shot at winning the republican primary to run against his O ness in November of 2012.

Finally,I am glad to see that Michael Vick is speaking up for himself. The hits long after he releases the football is really getting old.  Mike is wondering why he doesn't get the same protection from the refs like other quarterbacks such as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

"I was trying to protect myself," Vick said in his postgame news conference. "Still didn't get a flag and that's pretty much been the story for the last three weeks. I mean, obviously at some point something catastrophic is going to happen and I broke my hand."

"Looking at the replays, I'm on the ground every time, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated," Vick said in his postgame news conference. "The refs have got to do their jobs. And I mentioned it to the refs in training camp when I talked to them. I'm on the ground constantly, all the time. Every time I throw the ball, I'm on the ground. And I don't know why I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else does." [Source]

I know Mike, and I suspect that you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment