Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dog days.

Now that A-merry-can politics have officially gone to the dogs (yes, literally) I would like to weigh in on this debate.

First, for the record, I have never tasted Fido. Although I do understand that dog meat is quite popular in certain parts of the world.

Anyway, now comes word that Obama ate dog meat provided to him by a relative named Lolo. "

"With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share."  [Source]

OK, so our future president ate dog meat when he was between the ages of six and ten. No harm no foul as far as I am concerned. Now if Lolo was a family pet, on the other hand...."Daddy where is Bo? Ahhhm I don't know honey, he was here just a minute ago". Let me stop.

Anyway, what Flipper did was still worse. Torturing the family dog is far worse than eating a strange one.

Hey, as someone who will eat a goat before a chicken I can relate. I just wouldn't eat a pet goat. See it's all about the relationship, not the particular type of meat.

Wingnuts are having fun with this one, and I am glad that they found something to go tit for tat within the doggie wars.

But I would like to add a little dog story of my own.

How many of you remember Fred Malek? He is the wingnut who counted Jews for Nixon. He is also the guy who hosted a birthday party for Ann Romney.

Anywhoo, it seems that Fred has an interesting dog story:

"Every year or so, poor old Fred Malek, the GOP fundraiser, has to suffer through a callback to his youthful indiscretions, like that one crazy time in his twenties that he and his friends were caught drunkenly barbecuing a dog on a spit..." [Source]

Yes, but at least he and his friends didn't eat the poor thing. Maybe they didn't have any barbecue sauce handy.

Finally, there is a story out of Georgia (surprise surprise) where a six year old was handcuffed and dragged off to jail by the po po.

Yes, the little rugrat is one of my cousins, and yes, I think that there was some racial insensitivity going down in Milledgeville, Georgia. (This is why I have a GPS in my car, so that I can avoid towns like Milledgeville. But I have to also call out mommy as well. Her response to this incident is all wrong. She shouldn't be calling for Rev. Inc. ;she should be calling for a therapist to look at what are obviously some serious issues with her child. No Ms. Ruff, your daughter was not just having a "bad day" with "mood swings"; she is having a bad life.

Sorry, I don't believe, like some folks, that the child is just a "bad ass". I think that the poor child has some issues, and I blame mommy for not addressing them.

 "She has mood swings some days, which all of us had mood swings some days. I guess that was just one of her bad days that day," said Constance Ruff.
"She might have misbehaved, but I don't think she misbehaved to the point where she should have been handcuffed and taken downtown to the police department,"

I agree with you there, mommy; she should not have been taken to the police station. (And folks, if you think that this would have happened with little "Hannah" in Milledgeville, Georgia, I have a wonderful antique bell here in Philly with a slight crack on the side that I would just love to sell you.) But you should be doing more as a parent to make sure that your daughter is never put in such a situation again.










No comments:

Post a Comment