Friday, June 12, 2009

skull, Nanami and shameless self promotion

For those of you who have been wanting to know, we finished the skull entry for the exhibit and silent auction at the tattoo convention in Toronto this comming week end. It ended up bing a colaberation of the entire shop. Mostly being done by Al Hartshorn and myself but every one added their two cents to it too. I think it turned out, well.......interesting!! LOL

I will let you know how he does in the auction:)

I sure learned alot from this project!! It is a life size skull and we used bike sprockets, watch and clock parts, springs, hoses, air dry clay, polymer clay, spray foam insulation, wood, screws, hot glue,wire , poly wrap stuff, spray paint, and an airbrush.....hmmmm, wonder if I forgot anything?? LOL

How is that for mixed media??












































The amazing Zan over at http://wildatheartart.blogspot.com/ is hosting an under the sea swap. There are soooo many wonderful artist participating in the even I am really happy to be a part of it:) Luck me, my swap partner is Sheri from http://ostrichgirl5.blogspot.com/ I just love love love her work and am soooo excited to see mine finished and get her into my grubby little paws!!



This is what I made for her.



My Name is Nanami
Which means Seven Seas.
My Father he is and octopus
My Mother is Japanese.
one more thing I just wanted to add....it is shameless self promotion but hey.....I am jsut trying like all of us to get out there!!
Over on our DAG (The Dark Artist Guild) blog Marzel was kind enough to interview me:) If you are interested in reading it and seeing some of my dolls you can visit http://darkartistsguild.blogspot.com/2009/06/dag-artist-interview-jacqui-of-odd.html
After you read mine and you are still hungrey for inspiration please read the other interview of my ever so talented team mates!! Get ready to feast your eyes on some incredibly awesome and dark art!!
Thanks to all of you who read through is whole post, it was a big one for me:)
Hope you enjoyed it!
HUGZ to ll my blogland friend, I can't imagin my life now with out you all in it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment