Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Coco

Since I've come to Thailand, I've been discovering more and more about the beauty regimes of Southeast Asian women and about the products they used. I'll share about some along the way. I wanted to talk to you about one natural product that is highly sold to tourists, but is far from a tourist trap: virgin coconut oil. This is good stuff, let me tell you. It does EVERYTHING. It's fast-absorbing, and I smooth it on my skin post-shower, as I have never liked applying greasy lotion. It cures and cleanses the skin at the same time. I also use it as a hair mask, and I swear, I have never liked my hair better. Ever. I don't own a hairdryer, in humid Bangkok, and my hair is never frizzy. No flyaways. Heeeeaven.


Natural oils have been gaining popularity in the last few years. Tea tree, peppermint, argan. That's it. I'm done. I'm downsizing my bathroom cabinet. They moisturize, they soothe, they smooth, they cleanse. Some, like sweet almond oil, magically melt eye makeup and moisturize your lashes at the same time. What more do you want from nature???

New easy resolution for 2012: Use more natural products.

Are you using oils? Any tips?


Photo via.

No comments:

Post a Comment