Friday, June 29, 2012

Great Day to Visit Zoo

   Today, I spent some time riding around town including a trip to the Zoo to take a look at the former Aviary. Director John  Wright ask me to stop by to review the proposed floor plan. Yesterday potential bidders had a pre bid meeting there. About 15 contractors showed up.
    There is concern the actual square footage is not as large as thought once you add the bathrooms, kitchenette and other things related to today's codes.
    However I do like a plan for high tech distance learning equipment, which will cost a bit more ($48,000) but will allow programs to be braodcast to area schools, a useful tool as field trips are being cut.
    I am still enthused at the prospects and await the bids.
    Other than the Zoo trip, I also stopped in at a retirement party for Judy Fiorentino who is wrapping up in the Assessment Department.
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment