Friday, June 29, 2012

Oops...I Set Off an Alarm

       Sometimes one last bit of business you could have done without. After reviewing with the Comptroller the list of properties the City is in line to take over for taxes, I decided to check out one curious parcel on the list.
       A West Main Street warehouse used for car storage had seen the two year redemption period lapse and that seemed strange. I went over to see if it was still in use and if anyone was there. I knocked and pulled open an unlocked door to see who was there...Of course the alarm started beeping.
     I called 911 to let 'em know it was the 'mayor who's there'.  The police came and I told them what happened. I guess the good news is I discovered an unsecured building.
     As for the building, City Council will review the list of eight properties, which includes the warehouse, a tattoo parlor and six houses.
      After a review by City staff, Council usually sends them to public auction, although I think the warehouse is full of cars, so I don't know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment