Friday, April 2, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Considering I haven't blogged for almost a month (almost certainly a procrastination win, although I have been busy dominating uni assignments - hello, 72%, 80% and 85% for the three I've been given back already), I thought I'd add that to my list of things to do today.

I am currently simultaneously putting off doing two more essays, reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (which was a Christmas present... goodness me, I need to catch up on my books), listening to the new Vampire Weekend album, reading food blogs and garnering the energy to get up and make a cup of tea. Or a pot of tea, thats always fancier and I am not wanting for teapots at the moment! In the sense that I have enough, not the sense that I don't want more. In fact, I ordered this bad boy from Modcloth only two days ago.


Isn't he adorable?!


I've also had a fairly productive cooking weekend, considering I'm now learning to get into the swing of 'broke uni student food' since my savings started dwindling quite a bit. We made a version of this on Thursday night:


Mushroom Bouyiourdi from Closet Cooking

It ended up being more like a hot cheese, onion and mushroom dip, but it was still pretty splendid. Somehow we've eaten half a kilo block of cheese since Thursday night, I think that was a major component of that. And possibly things like the following conversation:

Me: I'm hungry. Do you want anything?
Levi: Um, maybe, what are you having?
Me: Hmmm. I think a block of cheese. Want some?
Levi: I'll just have some chocolate, thanks.

I also discovered these on Not Quite Nigella, and now it is on my birthday list. Oh yes, three weeks on Monday, list coming soon! Not that I expect anyone will actually buy me anything, but I like pretty things and I like lists and that works out quite well.


'Josephine' apron kit by Jessie Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment