Sunday, October 17, 2010

Nothing Lasts Forever (But Family Does)

Me, Jen and Ness during Harvest Month in the year 1999
I watched the Movie Eat Pray Love starring Julia Roberts and the Hot Hot James Franco and the movie was a movie full of advice. It's one of those movies where the narrator says something and you go "ohhhhh....". True, my date and I were like nodding throughout the whole movie. It was good, well, more than good, it was a learning experience.

I started to look back at some of my old pictures, I looked at my two best friends, (I have 6 best girl friends in K.K and a few really good ones as well), but these two particular friends, or family, are friends that not many people are lucky enough to have. My best friend/sister, Inessa, whom I've known for about 18 years now is in her final year of her psychology degree in Curtin University, Perth and my other best friend/sister/cousin Jen is currently doing her Arts Management Degree in Lasalle Singapore.
Me, Ness and Jen in 2006
The three of us, well, like any other relationships, had our ups and downs, Jen was this popular chick (still is), Ness and I were the Obese Fat Kids who tagged along with her occasionally, well, Obese would be stretching it a little, but we were quite dull compared to Jen. We knew each other for such a long time. Played with each other when we were young, drifted apart (but still remained friends) and got back closer to each other again after that. And since then, we've always stayed in touch with our lives.

As young adults, we basically changed in some ways but still staying the same. I for one have become quite vain compared to the J.J 6 years ago, Ness has become more "fashion" concerned (even though she doesn't follow the trends, she's not wearing t-shirt and jeans anymore (look at the picture above) and Jen, well, Jen is always Jen, but a more matured and open minded one.
Jen, Me and Ness, New Years 2010
For me, what makes our relationship work is the balance between the three of us, with Jen being the most outgoing, crazy, often selfish yet caring at the same time, and live life, Ness is the one most closest to earth, looks at things logically, and mature, with me being in between Jen and Ness. Today, the three of us have our own lives, Jen has her life in Singapore, Ness in Perth, and Me in KL. But when I think of home, I think of them (along with my other KK best friends of course). When I think of family, I think of them. When I think of Love, I think of them.

Well, it's been 18 years (Coming to 19), that the three of us have known each other. I'm happy that we did, I'm happy that we stayed friends, I'm lucky to have them.

Miss you girls. Labia, la, la, labia:)

xoxo

Jeffrey James

No comments:

Post a Comment