Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Attachment

For the first time since I left home for Uni, I have been back in Borneo on the first day of my summer holidays, to the very last day of it. I was back at home from mid November until the end of February. So, with me being filled with activity back at home, I had less amount of time to update my blog.

However, being back here in Kuala Lumpur has been less than pleasant. I've been rather depressed lately about being back here and felt it instantly when I step on the plane to fly back here. I don't hate Kuala Lumpur, I just love home too much. It's like when I get back to Borneo, I don't even feel depressed, I settle in so quickly and I don't even really feel like getting out, with Kuala Lumpur, It takes quite some time for me to get used to the place.

When my cousin, left Borneo for Singapore, she told me she also took it rather hard after being back for a couple of weeks. I thought she was being dramatic but I felt that too when I was back. Lying on my bed, in my KL apartment, it just donned to me that I hate being back, and that I miss Borneo, I miss the people there, I miss my life there.

I started to think about the attachment a person feels for a place, sure, the only place I feel attached to now is Borneo, but the thing is, apart from the place itself playing the role of attachment, other factors also contributes to the feeling of attachment to a certain place. My family is back there, my friends is back there, my life is back there, as compared to KL, where I do have friends, and I do appreciate them, but that is it, I have no life here, just school, and maybe a future.

I know i sound like a depressed queen, and i am right now, but all I want to do is go back home to Borneo, and lie on my bed, and just watch the day go by. That would be by far the best past time for me, if life were only like that of course.

cheers

Jeffrey James

No comments:

Post a Comment