Sunday, May 10, 2009

Curiouser and Curiouser...

I've had a slight penchant for Alice in Wonderland-type things lately, which is odd because it isn't one of my favourite Disney movies and I'm pretty sure I don't own any of the books. I digress. Possibly the fact that a tea party features quite prominently, but I'm keen on the whole perspectives thing where things are oversized or tiny. I'm thinking of working a dress around the idea, but I need sleep and some more time before I put the plan into action :) Some favourite Alice-y things:

The tea party scene, nacht. Apparently Andrew McMahon has a tattoo of the tea party scene, which makes it even cooler (Disney version or otherwise). Did Disney create the iconic blue dress or steal it? Curiouser and curiouser...



I'm very keen on this mural by Greg Hartman at The Painted Perception, which is on the wall of a bookstore in New Zealand.



I adore these Weird Alice in Wonderland earrings by Unique Art Pendants




Laura Marling's My Manic and I filmclip has always reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. Probably the blue dress, blonde hair and burgundy background? Either way, it deserves a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment