Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting philosophical

I'm not sure its entirely philosophical, but I had a very long, very boring bus ride this afternoon to plot this out.

Last night I was watching Yes Man at Tara's. Aside from being hideously crushed by the fact that Zooey Deschanel's amazing blue coat is one of a kind, I really liked the movie and the entire philosophy of "Yeah! Lets do shit! Its going to be awesome!". I mean, quite ironic considering I was only watching it because I'd bailed on a cocktail night due to feeling like death, but nonetheless. I was a bit wary at the start because, let's be honest, the "YES" conference-thing is a bit cultish. But by the end, when he's all "It wasn't a covenant", its a bit less creepy and more life-affirming.


*lust*

So today, while I was thinking "Hot damn, that would make life a lot more interesting!", I was chilling with my trusty friend George (my iPod, for those of you not in the know) and "Vienna" by Billy Joel came on. Which has another very valid philosophical idea, that you can't do everything and essentially, slow down. Oooh, conflicting but valid viewpoints! Honestly, I think both have their moments and its a case-by-case, discretionary thing, but it was still interesting to have them both come up.

What was also interesting was walking through the city in a very ambley, "I have ninety minutes to waste before I have to catch a bus, la-la-la" way, with George, listening to Simon and Garfunkul, and people kept pushing past me. I was like DAMN, its a SUNDAY. Calm. Your. Beard. Or at least say excuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment