Monday, March 22, 2010

Healthy Relationships

Having someone as your best friend who constantly overshadows you can be both a good thing and a bad thing depending on the type of person you are. A more shy and softspoken person would do fine by just standing behind their best friend's shadows. However, having a huge ego can lead to a destruction of that particular "friendship".
I am an egoistic person and I have best friends who over shine me in many aspects. I got one or two friends who don't even have to try hard to shine whereby I have to work twice as hard to have a little bit of what they have. Yes, I admit that I do get jealous at time but I try to make myself think about how lucky they are. I am no doubt happy for them but at the same time I am not happy with myself because that might mean I'm not working hard enough to get what they're getting.
Being a friend who is Egoistic is hard when your best friend is also Egoistic. However, one of the friend's ego will always be smaller than the other. If one does have a smaller ego, a relationship would work better because a healthy friendship does include it's ups and downs. It's just like normal couple relationships as well.
I was at my cousin's Estee Lauder photo shoot a few days back and I could honestly say that I was jealous and envious of her new found "fame". Looking at my cousin getting so much attentiong makes myself know that in order to get what she has, I have to work harder. However, apart from feeling jealous, I felt excitement as well, I was lucky to have a best friend like my cousin at the same time because If I were not friends with her, I wouldn't get the chance to experience what she's experiencing.
Looking at my best friends, I know that it's okay to be jealous because it makes me want to work harder to have what they have and at the same time be happy to have a friend like them because no ordinary person can experience what they experience:)
xoxo
Jeffrey james

No comments:

Post a Comment