Sunday, March 21, 2010

Here Come the Rainbows

The sun has been kind enough to come out the last few days, so I've been enjoying my last couple of days of freedom wearing some holo polishes. Between staring in abject horror at my cat walking across the top of my TV and browsing through my folder, I also realized that I had a few pictures I had also never sorted/uploaded..so here they are.

This is China Glaze DV8..to give you an idea of just how lazy I am, this picture's from December...there was cake involved though so I'm not entirely sure I can be blamed for this.
I believe that this was 3 coats...no particular application problems stick out in my head..though I do remember being pissed off because a couple of nails chipped on me on the first day. I also think that this was the last mani I did before my daily changes started.
Here is Dimond Cosmetics Chainmail Charm. It was my first black holo polish and will certainly not be my last (I've since obtained My Private Jet and Revvvolution) This is 3 coats, and in indoor lighting.
You'll have to excuse this next pic of Milani Hi-Res...it's from a couple of months back..and not only was there no sun, but it was one of those days where I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. I snapped a quick picture in indoor lighting without oiling up my cuticles before I removed it and chopped down my nails. Interestingly enough, this was the most rainbow action I'd gotten from the polish all day. The milani holo polishes are more holographic indoors, and way better on the nails than in the bottle (it looks kind of like bits of glitter in the bottle, with very little holo effect) If you compare it with the other holos I'm posting today, you can see that the finish of the polish is very different from the others...it's still cool though. I did 3 coats of this..no application problems whatsoever.
OPI DS Glamour was my mani of choice on Thursday. It photographs less impressively on short nails than on longer ones I guess, but the holo effect is still there. It was the usual easy to apply OPI and I did 3 coats. I can definitely see the love for this polish...it's a great deep blurple/indigo colored holo polish...very unique.
Here's the polish I've had on for the last couple of days...China Glaze LOL. I actually think I love this polish..it's a beautiful vibrant purple holo. This is one of those rare times where I only did 2 coats. One thing to note about the application of this one is that it's best to work as quickly and with as few strokes as possible on the first coat of this. It's okay to leave the first coat uneven since once it dries down a bit it will self-level out. If you go over parts of the polish again, you're likely to end up dragging the polish off and causing trouble.

That's all from me today...with any luck though my Nubar order will come decently early tomorrow and I can go about swatching the Fortress Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment