Sunday, May 2, 2010

Paddle Photogs


Paddle photogs are the people that make me want to paddle. They take pics of places and things from a perspective that I can't see myself. They are the ones that give me that "paddle stress" to get out there and discover something new.

The neat thing about water, the thing I keep forgetting, is that the same water can look and feel so different depending on the time of day and season, the weather and water conditions, what's up with you, who you are paddling with (or not), what's happening on or near it, and what type of equipment you are paddling with.

There's nothing like being the BaffinPaddler and having so many places to paddle on my list but no paddle plans at all this season. I usually spend my winter planning at least two trips to someplace new with good paddling opportunities and other things I like to do.

I'm just sitting in this paddle vortex (no, not rapids), what I call "paddle stress", wondering what will push me to where I'm going next. The weather and water around here are just perfect too. Yet I'm spending all my time on things with wheels, like bikes, rollerblades and cars.

I really hate indecision. I'd rather know where I'm going, have a good map and compass to get there along with a good weather report and a kickass lunch packed!

Some paddle decisions to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment