Saturday, May 1, 2010

World Dance Day

World Dance Day is celebrated all around the world on the 29th of April every year. However, this event which was celebrated on the 30th because on the 29th they were performing somewhere else. World Dance Day is to express various kinds of dance with various meanings with different styles. This year is the first year of Organization of the World Dance Day performance in KL and I was lucky enough to be part of it.

I went there with some friends and it was organized in MAP Kuala Lumpur. I could say that the dances are a breath of fresh air for me and I really enjoyed it! The emotions, expression, and style these dancers use to express themselves is so much more than what I would usually see. Sure, Hip Hop or Slutty dancing has more energy but that is something I'm exposed to everyday. By watching these other dancers in other styles, I was mesmerized by every move the dancers make.

It was a good performance for me and I would love to come back for it next year.

xoxo

Jeffrey James

No comments:

Post a Comment