Sunday, May 16, 2010

Party @ For Goodness Sake

So I was invited to a friends' B'day party last Friday at this random Japanese Restaurant called For Goodness Sake. Apparently it's an extension to the Ms Read Empire. As far as the party goes, it was quite good. The theme required all the attendees to wear something Nerdy and Sexy. I wanted to wear this tight ass pants that I had but in the end I was too chicken shit to do so. So I opted for a sweater and jeans along with my Nerdy Glasses though. I was quite tipsy and was basically talking to everyone there. Laughing and being my usual tipsy self. I think I even went all Fake Accent towards the end of the night.

In terms of food, well, I didn't eat much, I just ordered a small plate of soft shell crabs and ate a little bit of it. Had a couple of glasses of wine as well as pre drinks (Vodka) before I made my way to the party. So Empty Stomach + Loads of Alcohol = Fun Fun Fun! It was good seeing some old friends again and for me it seemed as if conversation went quite well.
The Birthday Boy Zyan!

There were the usual late comers but everything was okay though. The waiter at the restaurant was quite attentive and helpful and was trying to please us as much as he could. The restaurant however was quite quiet though. We were the one making the most noise. In terms of food, the portions were all quiet small, presentation wise it was nice.

Price wise, I could say also quite reasonable. Though I know more better Japanese Restaurants, this one I would have to say it stands out in a sense whereby the deco is quite nice as well as the creative branding. In terms of impression however, the restaurant doesn't really give a good solid reason to get their customers to come back.
Yee Kin, Gary & Zyan.
Yee Kin, Gary and I.
The Bottle of House Wine, about Rm75 per bottle before service charge and government tax.
The Soft Shell Crab Maki. About Rm20. I loved it but my friends said that it's quite dry and not special.
The Duck Breast Udon. It's about Rm16. I didn't try it but apparently the soup is quite salty. I love duck though.
Edmund, Zyan, Edison and Qim.
Jeremy, Zyan, Yee Kin, Edmund, Gary & Edison.
Jeremy, Gary, Zyan, Alan, Edmund, Yee Kin and Max Poses for a class photo.
From Left, Max, Gary, Yee Kin, Alan, me, Zyan, Qim, Jeremy, Edison, Edmund & Viggo posing for our "class" photo. All I could say is that this is the oldest school students I have ever met.
The Birthday Boy giving us Vogue.
The boys doing Vogue.
Zyan Doing Vogue At Delicious!

After Dinner, we headed down to this Restaurant called Delicious. Apparently Delicious is quite popular, having various branches in KL in a short period of time. The point of us heading there is to blow the candles of the Birthday Boy's cake. It was packed, more packed than For Goodness Sake. But the environment was good as usual. Good conversation as well as the arrival of more late comers. I ran into some more old friends and had a chat with them. By that time I was already quite buzzed.

There were some drama here and there like one of my friends feeling quite sick because he took his antibiotics and had wine as well so it was quite screwed up. But the birthday boy ended up cutting his cake and blowing his candles towards the end of the night and i could say that the Cake could literally kill my mother because it was so bloody sweet. I never knew that Death By Chocolate (Name of Cake) would really be deadly.
The Deco at For Goodness Sake.
Gary & I :)
Eugene (Late), Edmund & Jeremy pose for the camera.
Death by Chocolate, This cake is really deadly.
Gary & Wari.
Another Photo Session with the boys! Max, Eugene, Edmund & Alan.
Eugene doing Vogue!

In general, the night was Fabulous. I gave away my Nerdy Glasses, spent more than I thought of spending and drunk as always. Wonderful!

xoxo

Jeffrey James

No comments:

Post a Comment