Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey fever.

It must really suck to be a turkey in A-merry-ca. Can you imagine a day dedicated to millions of people eating your ass? If you are a young turkey that is not the kind of future you want to look forward to. "What are you going to be when you grow up there little turkey?" "Some lucky family's meal on Thanksgiving Day, sir. And if I grow really big and strong, I will feed a really large family on Thanksgiving Day."

Wow, talk about f*&^%d up options.

Anyway, I wonder what would have happened if the Pilgrims (and let's not forget the Wampanoags) had caught some wild pigs instead of wild birds during that three day celebration back in 1621? A lot of us would have been pretty much left out of this whole Thanksgiving Day thing. I know I would have. Thank you Governor Bradford.

I know that I don't act like it sometimes, but I really have a lot to be thankful for. ---I can't even begin to count the ways.--- I suspect that a lot of you reading this feel the same way. You are bonding with your families and friends while surrounded by all the creature comforts that life affords you. It's hard to think about those folks here in A-merry-ca -and all over the world- who don't have much to be thankful for, but we should. And we should never forget how fortunate we are.

Life is all about perspective, and we should always keep things in their proper perspective. We should also do whatever we can to improve the plight of others less fortunate than we are. I know that you Christians reading this already do that, but I just thought that I would remind you

So Happy Turkey Day A-merry-ca, enjoy your meals tomorrow while you connect with your loved ones. And remember; be grateful for what you have. Because if you think about it; you could have been a damn turkey.

Pic courtesy of funny-and-hilarious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment