Sunday, February 21, 2010

Camwhoring with the ring light

Teeheehee...

In case you are not following me on Twitter (DO IT! FOLLOW ME!), you'd have been puzzled as to why the photos on the Magnolia advert below looks so bloody professional and chio!!

That is because I bought a ring light!!

Actually I have no idea what it's called but it's basically studio lighting... In the shape of a ring. Kinda like the bulbs we have on our ceilings but standing!!

You balance the ring light on a tripod, and shoot THROUGH the ring light.

On top of the light, in a never-ending effort to make my adverts more professional (*ahem* also to take camwhoring to the zenith), I also bought a WIRED REMOTE CONTROL for my L10 (the DSLR)!!

SNAP SNAP SNAP!! So easy!!

And you can actually see the ring light REFLECTED IN YOUR EYES!! It's really fun.

So anyway here are some more camwhoring shots I took that night:


















This one's my favourite. :)


Anyway there are 3 bonus photos which I found quite priceless. After I set up the ring light and camera, I wanted to see how a portrait photo would turn out so I asked Mike to come over and let me take a picture of him.

He is so mad cute he walked over and thought the ring light is super bright!!!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



And so, here is his first attempt. LOL... It is not THAT bright!


I told him to move closer to the camera, and this is attempt two:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



-_-


I said, "B... You gotta open your eyes! I wanna see if the ring light will be reflected in the eyes!"

And so he did:






LOLOL


Poor baby, he has sensitive eyes.


Loads of inquiries about the contacts. They are from Spectacle Hut but I assure you they are not so striking/pretty IRL. Looks more grey than purple. Just the fab lighting!

Inquiry no 2 about the ring light. I bought it at Funan at $100++... That's not including the $40/60 (I forgot which) tripod. The light should be sold at any camera shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment