Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Devil in the Details: The Novelty of Daily Life


Starting to settle into a new city sometimes makes me forget I am, well, still new to the city. Which means I still have so much to discover, but can get easily caught up in routine activities and let opportunities to make new discoveries pass me by. Travelling has taught me a very important lesson: You should always treat any place you are in like tourists do. And this doesn't mean walking around with a map and fanny pack, and queue up at the most popular attractions. It means you should always stay curious about everything and try to look for opportunities to do something new. When you're a tourist, the novelty of everything keeps your interest level high and allows you to see things locals don't see anymore. 

And so, this weekend I am taking some time to walk around Siam Square, my neighborhood, and see new places.

What about you?


Photos by Dee & Duke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment