Saturday, March 24, 2012

More on you know who.

It is day 27 since he killed Trayvon Martin, and George Zimmerman is still free. We live in quite a country. A celebrity with zero talent is flour bombed and the person throwing the flour is arrested immediately as if they just shot the president. Flour!

"I think 'What if that was some other substance? What if that person had a dangerous weapon?" Kardashian told US. "And so we are definitely changing things up a little bit, amping up security, taking some measures, and... I'm gonna definitely deal with it because it is not acceptable."

Yes, God forbid she had thrown some skittles at you.

And I see that it didn't take long for Mr. Zimmerman's lawyer to use the some of his friends are black defense. His lawyer, Craig Sonner, said that he actually mentored a "black kid...."

First of all, if what I read about George Zimmerman's background is true, that kid should have probably been mentoring him.

Totally off topic. But I have to blog about it before I forget. There is a story out that Dick Cheney had a heart transplant. I just hope that he gets a human heart this time. He had been on the waiting list for 20 long months. I guess those "death panels" republicans like to talk about spared his life.

Finally, I need you all to tell me what you think of the following story. I know I chase the Big R a lot, but sometimes the Big R can be so silly that I don't even feel like chasing it.

"A black ninth-grader in Fairfax Country, Virginia was reading a Langston Hughes poem in class when his teacher instructed him to read it blacker, The Washington Post reports.

As Jordan Shumate recalls the incident to The Post, the teacher didn’t hold back in punches in expressing her displeasure with how he was reading the poems.
“She told me, ‘Blacker, Jordan — c’mon, blacker. I thought you were black,’ ” said Shumate, who is African American.
When he refused to comply with her ridiculous request, the teacher read the poem herself. “She sounded like a maid in the 1960s,” Shumate told The Post. “She read the poem like a slave, basically.”
Watch a video report of this story to see Shumate express his shock at his teacher’s behavior" [Source]

I swear these poor young black men can't buy a break in A-merry-ca these days. If you speak correctly and with proper diction they tell you to speak "blacker". And, If you wear a hoodie, they shoot you to death.

*Pic from Globalvoices.











No comments:

Post a Comment