Sunday, June 27, 2010

Going Straight.

I was out with an ex of mine this afternoon and I could honestly say that it was nice meeting up with him again. We chatted, bitched and joked about old times with a cup of coffee and over lunch as well. I noticed that the both of us have grown older and wiser. Well, I'm still immature in some sense and he still have his boy-ish attitude but there are the slight difference here and there. I wasn't the 17 year old boy who dated this guy and he is not in his 30s. It's funny to know that the both of us are in different stages of our lives, and it's also nice that we can put the past behind.

So back to my headline, what I found interesting was that my ex has recently been single. He broke up with the guy (who is also my friend) about a month ago due to the fact that he didn't want his ex to commit any form of sin after the holy pilgrim trip that his ex went to in Jeddah. His ex is a strong believer in Islam and prays about 5 times a day. I for one was sort of uncomfortable hearing this claim because as I see it, homosexuality isn't sin and being gay doesn't mean we are bad people or do bad things. My ex went on to say that his ex accepted the fact that he was born gay but that doesn't mean he should abandon the teachings of Islam.

My ex claimed that his ex wants to get married one day. I feel sorry for the woman and him for marrying each other. However, what irritates me most is the fact that my ex decided to end his relationship due to this matter. Religion, a very sensitive issue to everyone, is not bad. In fact, it is a very good thing as religion only teaches people how to do good. However, religion's teachings are also flawed, and needs to be modified or re structured to suit the evolving world. The claims made by religion are unproven and biased but people still believe in it whole heartedly.

Being Gay isn't a crime, being gay isn't a sin, getting married to a woman and telling her that you're straight and not gay is a sin. Lying to yourself and to your wife is a sin. If he was honest to himself in the first place and look at life differently, he could have a good and honest relationship with religion instead of having a fake one with lots of lies and suffering with it.

Please man.

Don't lie to yourself.

Xoxo

Jeffrey James

No comments:

Post a Comment