Friday, June 6, 2008

Asfar's House.

I finally got to get out of my prison last night and tonight as well. Thanks to Vanessa, Abby and Feedah of course. I actually feel kinda bad for asking them to pick me up today as the prices of fuel has gone up. But they were nice enough to come all the way to my apartment to come and get me. Which of course, brightened up my day,(night of course).

We actually decided to drive out of Senadin area to go and grab a bite to eat, and well, the girls were telling me about two nights ago when everybody were rushing to go and get some fuel at the petrol station at that area. Apparently, they were caught in the jam for about an hour and a half for a distance of about only a hundred meters. Which in turn pissed them off.

I then taught about other things, i thought about the fact that the cost of fuel have gone up, everything else will sky rocket as well. Food, clothes, transportation etc. It wouldn't really affect the upper middle class community but that would mean that it's not affecting my parents. I'm not the one who is being affected, and the students of course.

I was reading some news on www.thestar.com.my and there were apparently some fuel shortages in parts of Sarawak and also Dato Yong Teck Lee stating that there would be a problem with the people of Sabah supporting the current party, which is BN as the lower and middle class families are heavily affected by the fuel rise.

I would actually agree, you see, the rising cost of fuel has already been running through my mind for quite some time but I never thought something like this would happen. I used to think that as long as the government is doing a good job with Sabah, who cares if they're corrupted or not? Well, now I am starting to think otherwise. Barisan National is honestly doing an okay job running Sabah, but the rising of the fuel cost is just a heavy blow.

And well, from what I've read from thestar.com.my, I noticed that many companies have increased costs or even wanting to shut down their businesses due to the fact that the fuel costs are so high. I smell a lot of trouble here! And well, I am still sticking to the removal of vehicle import tax as it will really help.

And i know that my post has nothing to do whatsoever with the pictures I posted, but these are the things I've been seeing for the past two nights, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment