Tuesday, June 10, 2008

CHIC magazine by Jeffrey James & Team.

I have spent countless hours working on this magazine which is required for the final project of my media subject called Introduction to Media and Communications. Of course there were also some help from my dedicated team who were there to help me with whatever I need. But this magazine is my baby, one of the final projects that I have been looking forward to this whole semester.

Initially we got to pick a theme for the magazine, so being the passionate fashionista that I am i picked fashion. Well, generally the magazine is about women. So whatever that is found in this magazine is all related to women one way or another. It's like Curtin version of Female magazine. But our target audience are for students and lecturers who are working or studying in Curtin.
Finding out what to talk about was hard for me. It was complicating as well. I delegated some jobs to my team members and they did it quite well. But since I wanted this magazine to be my magazine, I designed almost everything inside. My group members did quite a swell job like Refeedah helping with the photoshoot, Mica and Cecilia with the clothing section, and Rachel well, she helped with a number of things like transportation etc.

I came up with is 3 the new 2 which is an inspiration from a friend of mine Mr. Rohai himself who wrote the article about gays but i wrote mine about women, and also the G-list celebrities which i changed to the S-list celebrities and made it more student like, and i also had some contributors from a few friends of mine who were quite helpful and I really appreciate it.
I took my magazine out today and showed it to my friends. They loved it. Apparently they are willing to buy the magazine and read through them. The picture above is Jenna, a friend of mine who felt that answering the quiz questions to be such fun though she called it "not credible" as she was known as the psycho girlfriend from the survey which she took.

And the best part is that when I showed them the photo shoot they appreciated it. They said that it was a job well done. And the copy I showed them is just an unfinished draft. Which of course, made me really happy for the work that I did, with the help of my team of course.
And my friend Anis was particularly happy with the size of the magazine because she said that It could fit into her bag and that it wouldn't be bulky to carry it around. She enjoyed running through the articles and felt that it was a good read for herself to pass time.
I got them to take a picture of me holding the magazine. I was trying to pull off the Miranda look from Devil Wears Prada.

The magazine will retail next semester at Rm8 per copy.

Please visit www.xanga.com/jeffreytanggau for a totally different post!

No comments:

Post a Comment