Monday, June 23, 2008

Letter to my sister.

Dear Jane,

I bet you don't know the address of my blog, www.jeffreytanggau.blogspot.com . Just go and pay a visit to that site sometime.

Anyways, I'm just letting you know about the current situation I'm in now here in Miri. My phone and Nike bag that Tane gave me was Stolen on Saturday. Anyways, I am unable to sms or call for the time being which explains why I'm emailing you instead, I do feel lucky that I left my laptop in the room during that period of time.

The feeling of disappointment however hasn't had any time to sink in yet because today (Monday), I had to sit for my Business Management Test and on Sunday only I started studying for the first time. The fact that I was stressed about failing the unit made me not think about losing the phone in the first place. I was indeed stressed about Business Management because during my mid term i got a 7 out of 20 and I didn't study at all, so I was quite worried about it yesterday and on Saturday as well as If i were to fail any unit the chances of me moving out of this dead town would be 0 to nothing.

So instead of crying myself to sleep over the loss of my phone, I spent part of my Sunday morning and afternoon just browsing through the Business Management textbook and lecture slides. The feeling of going through my slides only came at around 8.p.m when I realized that the partial studying I did was useless. So I got off my bed, placed my laptop on the table, and started going through the lecture slides, looking for information in the text book for the points in the slides at the same time.

I realized that one chapter took me two hours to complete and there were twelve chapters after actually finishing the first one. I was became more scared. So I decided to focus more on the important lectures and focused on the points which i didn't understand, the fact that I was explaining to my other friend online as well as she was inquiring about some points from the text book helped me a lot. I didn't actually finish studying the whole text book. But I did manage to read up all the important parts. I went to bed at 3.am but only end up sleeping at 4.

My eyes opened at 5.30 a.m automatically without the alarm actually ringing. I took my shower, had two glasses of coffee, and started just going through the points and lecture slides that I have highlighted. An hour before the exam, I turned on the music and started dancing to release tension as I felt prepared.

When I sat for the exam, I found it to be quite easy, I could actually do 80% of the questions although I won't guarantee all of them being a a 100% correct. I am however, confident that I am able to pass as it is already obvious as I got a 34/60 for my internal marks, and scoring a credit would actually be quite possible as well.

I know I should have studied harder and earlier, but I am actually quite happy with myself for studying for this even though I procrastinated. I even forgotten the fact that Mom forgotten to bank in money to replace the funds that I spent on booking my flight back to KK from KL as she was supposed to do it before she headed down to Singapore. I figured I might as well buy the ticket as she kept delaying everything and the prices of it was going up. My last packet of Instant noodle ran out on Saturday evening. And I haven't eaten anything since Sunday except for my supplements and Coffee. I would rather not borrow money from my friends and well, all of them are gone anyways as the degree students finish a week earlier than us foundation students.

Oh, by the way, I do really want to get out of this City badly and apply for another University elsewhere. I will try and get the loan problem settled as fast as I can so I can enroll myself into another University which isn't located in Miri. I feel that I am going no where. We can talk about that more. But I really, really, really don't want to stay here anymore. Anyways, hope to hear from you soon!

Love ya!

Your brother,

J.Jay.

*Please do click on the Mudah, Digi or Mr Potato ads by nuffnang as It will help me alot:) And for a totally different post, please do visit www.xanga.com/jeffreytanggau

No comments:

Post a Comment