Thursday, June 19, 2008

Remembering the good old days.

I remembered once. When i was still a little boy. A mere twelve years old. I got the chance of a lifetime by being invited to a prom, organized by high school seniors of course. And well, every twelve year old kids dream who had cable t.v was to go to a prom filled with glitter and nice music and punch. I remember myself being in this line dancing group and so were all my friends. We all agreed to go to the prom together, all of us twelve year olds, plus Allysa of course who was Eleven.

For me the planning went swell, Inessa was taking Loh Yiren to the prom, Ian was taking my ex, Ms Tiffany Ung to the prom, Jennifer was going there as a single person along with Aaron Chin and Cassandra Chin. I was able to take Allysa Shim however as my date. And back then, I was still the closeted queer boy who thought he had feelings for the flat chested Allysa Shim.

I persuaded my dad's staff Billy to chauffeur Allysa and I to the prom. It was funny because Billy was so irritated by asking to be the driver when he was actually the manager. But he did it anyway and he drove so fast! I was so scared at that time and Allysa was feeling the same way too. C'mon, we were eleven, and we were taken to the prom at 110km/h by an irritated staff of mine. Thinking about it, it was funny.

Then came to the actual prom. I arrived in style of course, followed by the rest of the group. Inessa came with her Date Yiren. Jennifer, Aaron Chin, and Cassandra Chin came on their own. And Ian came with Tiffany. It was funny, because when I got out of the car, I opened the door for Allysa and I even sat at the back with her. I was such a gentle fag. Ian however, sat in the front seat while his date sat in the back, he opened the door, leaving his date in the back seat, wearing his black sunglasses, and walked inside. I can still remember us asking him to go and open the door for her. No wonder Tiffany didn't want to go out with him before.

When we actually walked into the ballroom, most of the kids there were like seniors, literally like year 9, 10, and 11! We were a bunch of 6 graders walking into an 11th grade's prom! Oh my god, I know how they actually thought of us then. Because if i were in the prom and saw little kids walking in, I would have laughed and wondered who invited the babies in the first place. Now I know why those bigger kids gave us this weird look!

The dinner and all went swell. But the party was boring in general. The highlight of that night was when Jennifer and Tiffany got asked out on a date with these two indian guys. The guys were much older than us and they obviously fancied these two girls as they were the only ones who didn't actually look like little kids. And were also going through puberty! I remember Me, Inessa, Yiren and Allysa going to spy on them in this Cafe in the hotel.

And anyways, we were being like little spies, trying to see how the whole party went! It was hilarious! It's like we were trying to not make it seem obvious la. But as little kids we were curious to see how it look like going out with someone older. And as we were there just chatting, me sitting with Allysa on one table, and Yiren sitting with Ness on the other, one of Tiffany's dates had a short of money for the drinks he ordered. And Tiffany had to come over to my table to borrow some money, which was funny of course!

The other highlight of the night however, was Ian crying from the fact that his date got stolen! Tiffany ditched him for an older guy. I totally understand why though. It was funny. And the other highlight is when Inessa got teased by a bunch of older guys and she ran to the toilet crying! We were all there at that time trying to cheer Ian and Inessa up from their total meltdown. I do have pictures of our prom night somewhere. But little memories like these does make my life worth living!

And as little kids we even got drama! That is so "G-Word"! Let me hear a YOU GO GIRLLLL!

*Please do click on the Mr.Potato, Mudah or Digi ads that were placed there by Nuffnang! It will really help me :) Oh, and for a totally different post, please visit www.xanga.com/jeffreytanggau

No comments:

Post a Comment